Thursday, July 31, 2008
Thursday Thirteen - 20th Edition
I used to write. But I haven't done so for a long time. And never did in English cause I keep confusing my tenses. LOL. Anyways, lately I seem to get random sentences in my head a lot, probably because I am reading more at the moment. I feel they might become an interesting story, but I am really too lazy to do it. So I thought I'd share some of those sentences with you. Who knows, perhaps by doing so, I have cured a writer's block ;)13 random sentences from my head that *could* develop into a story
- 'Why is it so hot in here?' she thought. She checked the air conditioner. It was working fine.
- She reached for the glass of wine he handed her. She doesn't drink. Never tasted a single sip of wine before. She had done a meticulous research on wines just to impress him as they talked online. He thinks she's as much an expert as he is.
- The elevator was broken. Again. He sighed as he started to climb the stairs. He doesn't like this at all.
- I couldn't keep myself from smiling as I clicked on the link to open his message. I didn't think he would reply.
- The wind was blowing hair into my face. The sun was shining but it wasn't hot. I could hear the distant sound of birds chirping happily. 'It's one of those days,' I quickly concluded.
- "Are you in love with me or something?" he suddenly asked.
- The phone rang. An unknown number. He picked it up reluctantly. "Hello?" he said.
- She took another sip of her hot chocolate drink. Some sappy old love song was playing in the background and she tried her best not to relate it to her own situation. She glanced at her watch. 'He's not coming' she thought.
- I don't know why you are reading this book. Why do you want to know about me? I'm just an ordinary person.
- Yesterday I finally decided to say goodbye to my lifelong obsession.
- He's drunk. He knows it. But he couldn't resist another glass of beer.
- "Get back to work!" a loud voice came out of nowhere.
- "How should I decide?"
"Oh come on... just flip a coin!"
"I don't know how."
Labels: Thursday Thirteen
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I know I did a post like this before, but this time I'm following Nana
's advice because I seriously want to find this people (no luck so far with Google and/or Facebook), hoping that they would be googling their own name and reach this site. Although I wonder why one would do that... lol...
So anyways, if you're one of these people and/or know them... I'd like to get in touch with you!
1. Felicia Chandra - last known location: Singapore
2. Andrea Gibas - last known location: Germany
3. Erik Johannes M. Hoedl - last known location: Wuppertal (Germany), assumed current location: Vienna (Austria)
4. Ann Marie Parker - last known location: Washington (not DC, USA)
Yeah, those are all I can think of right now...
Labels: Just A Thought
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Thursday Thirteen - 19th edition, I think...
First thing first... here's a picture of ZOE ISABELLA YASEMIN C., my newborn niece...
Isn't she just the cutessstttt baby on earth?? Look at her pouty lips... and her hair! My goodness, can you believe this pic was taken only 24 hours after her birth?? She was born on the 19th, BTW.
Alas now to celebrate...13 of my favorite NAMES (aka something I would name my baby one day)
- Zoe - but unfortunately my cousin beat me to it, obviously. I don't know why I like this name... I just do! Coming from Greek origin, this name means quite simply LIFE. So anyway, since it's taken, I might have to resort to Zoya - which is the Russian form of Zoe. I don't like it as much though, because it might sound like soy sauce, especially in German... but maybe if I get a Russian man... ;)
- Alana - an old favorite, before the Zoe craze. I even used it as a pseudonym for myself.
- Najma - this is probably the least popular name in this list, also a very favorite one of mine ever since I first read it. It comes from Arabic origin, and means Star, or also Precious.
- Olenka - Another Russian name, meaning HOLY. I used this name together with the previous for one of my story characters back when I was still writing. The full name of the character was Amara Najma Olenka, which pretty much means Eternally Beautiful Holy Star. Too much 'weight' for a real baby name, huh?
- Anya - Again, a Russian form... this time for Anna. What is it with me and Russian names?? Anyways, I find the name very pretty.
- Skye - Pretty... and unique! Plus I really love the sky... LOL
- Leia - While it is popularized by Star Wars and people think it comes from the name Leah, I would like it very much to name a baby Cathleia and have her called Leia. Okay, now let's get on with some boy names, huh? Wouldn't want my baby boy to think he was unwanted or anything... although honestly (quite obviously) I really don't have that many favorite boys name :P
- Alexis - The only boy name that comes almost immediately to mind...
- Darrell - I used to use this name a lot too for my stories, along with Alexis, forming Darrell Louis Alexis, which is another 'hefty' name for a little boy (I'll let you go and figure out what it means yourself for a change).
- Tristan - Although the name is literally a sad name, I still like the sound of it, and I imagine someone with this name as being really handsome and well-built.
- Akira - Japanese name meaning "Bright". Nice, huh?
- Cyrus - Just seems like a nice name... and to think of all the kings who were named Cyrus. Well...
- Mikael - A form of the name Michael which is my favorite. I once used it in a story too, where there were three brothers named Ariel, Gabriel and Mikael. So maybe if I 'plan' to have three boys... ;)
What's your favorite name??
Labels: Thursday Thirteen
Monday, July 21, 2008
Daily 15 - Things That Make Me Happy
Although I found out about the Daily 15
quite a while ago and even subscribed to the mailing list, I didn't actually do the things suggested because so far they've been impossible for me to do (mainly because I was to chicken to do it, I admit). But today's was a nice one. At first I thought of doing it in my journal (I need to fill up the pages fast cause I really feel like digging into a new book soon) but then I thought I'd share it here just to show you how easily amused I really am. LOL. I will probably re-write it in the journal afterwards though. So here goes...
THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY (in no particular order):
1. An idea that is do-able and fun, like writing down this list.
2. Teddy Bears!
3. Opportunity to spend time with Josh (uh, yeah...)
4. Being in a bookstore.
5. Buying books.
6. Stumbling on something nice on Stumble Upon.
7. Getting an unexpected SMS from a friend.
8. My Birthday.
9. Making other people happy.
10. Getting that amazed look from my Sunday School students when I'm telling them a story. Even better if I was using props like yesterday.
11. Having someone tell me I'm pretty/cute/beautiful.
12. Or getting any kind of compliment at all, for the matter.
13. Cute guys flirting with me (shallow, I know)
15. Chocolates. Especially Mint ones.
16. Caramel or Mocha Frappucino from Starbucks.
17. Rain (as in the droplets of water from the sky NOT the singer, and yeah, I'm weird like that)
18. People understanding my sarcasm/witty jokes.
20. Mail (yeah, even if they're just receipts or even bills... but better yet if it's a package of some kind)
21. (cute) Kids :)
22. Grocery stores that stock imported items (You really don't want to get me going on all the stuff)
23. Ice Cream.
24. A Nice Meal.
25. Seeing the printed out version of the layouts/designs I've made.
26. Taking pictures.
27. Seeing the pictures developed.
28. Being underwater (like when I'm swimming, or in a bath, or even in the shower)
29. SNOW! (unfortunately I don't get a lot of that)
30. Realizing this list could probably go up to 100... :D
Labels: Daily 15, Just A Thought, Just for Fun
Sunday, July 20, 2008
The Josh Soundtrack album art... lol
Well, somebody's definitely got too much time in their hands...
Thanks, tho', Edz
, really sweet of you ;)
Labels: Just for Fun
Friday, July 18, 2008
Found this over at Nana
's and thought I'd give it a try... it's surprisingly accurate :P
Labels: A Day in My Life, Gadget and Stuff
The Josh Soundtrack - continued...
I just realized there are more songs that actually remind me of Josh... so yeah, here goes:
- Way Back Into Love - Hugh Grant & Drew Barrymore
All I want to do is find a way back into love...
- Can't Help Loving That Man - from Show Boat
Now, tell me he's lazy, tell me he's slow, tell me I'm crazy, maybe I know, but I can't help lovin' that man of mine!
Bonus track... LOL ;)
Thursday Thirteen - 18th Edition
I know this is late, and honestly Josh (it's just JOSH, edz, not Joshua :P) hasn't been preoccupying my thoughts lately, but I'm gonna do this anyway...13 Songs That I Call The JOSH Soundtrack
(aka songs that remind me of Josh, in a bittersweet way, in the order my iTunes play them)
- Let It Go - Brooke White
I don’t want to let it go, even though it’s wrong, I know...
- Shout To The Lord - Darlene Zschech
(Something about singing it together with him...)
- JanjiMu Sperti Fajar - Franky Sihombing
(The only Indonesian song in this list. Also something about singing it with him, AND the look in his eyes at some point of the lyrics, okay, it's a long story... anyways, even tho' it makes me feel guilty to take such lovely worship lyric and make it very secular, still...)
- Stuck - Stacie Orrico
I hate you but I love you, I can’t stop thinking of you!
- When You Say Nothing At All - Ronan Keating
There's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me...
- The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
(It's a really long story... more like history :P)
- Are You Happy Now? - Michelle Branch
Could you look me in the eye and tell me that you’re happy now?
- So Close - Jon McLaughlin
We’re so close to reaching that famous happy end, and almost believing this was not pretend. Let’s go on dreaming for we know we are so close and still so far
- Hopelessly Devoted To You - Olivia Newton John
My head is saying "fool, forget him", my heart is saying "don't let go"
- I'm With You - Avril Lavigne
- I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - David Cook's version :)
I could stay lost in this moment forever, when every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure...
- If You're Not The One - Daniel Bedingfield
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
- Dangerous Love - Kinzli
I'm in love with a casanova, sweet talking pretty boy, he's got tricks up his sleeve to weaken my knees, I'm confused by this dangerous love
Labels: Thursday Thirteen
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Are You Interested?
Been pretty much a fan of Are You Interested (a facebook app, in case you don't know) these last few days... Out of boredom, perhaps. What's a better way to get rid of boredom than to look at thousands of pictures and decide which one are interesting (read: good looking, handsome, HOT!) and which one are not?? And then there's the bonus of having them decide on you and when they agree... voila, conversation! Who knows where that could lead? Hahahah. Yeah, it's fun.
And now just because I feel like it... here are some points I decide on when browsing the pics at Are You Interested:
1. I always SKIP guys who post group pictures. Because, obviously there is no telling which one you're deciding on. And who knows he might be the least interesting one in the group.
2. I also usually SKIP guys who post half-naked pics of themselves (ya know, no shirt on??) and the butt-naked ones too, of course (that's really too much information). The reason? I don't know, I guess I label them too much of a playboy when they do that. The only exception to this rule I made so far was for this one guy who has such pretty eyes. And yet I am already regretting it, for reasons that are too complex to elaborate.
3. Next on, I SKIP guys who post pics of them together with a girl/a lot of girls. I just find it unattractive.
4. Mostly, I also SKIP guys who are from Indonesia. This is because I don't want to make it easy for them to find me or something. I know, weird reasoning. But anyway. I've only made two exceptions so far.
5. I also SKIP guys who are my friends in real life. It's just too weird. LOL.
6. I always click YES (anonymously)... I don't know why, since the app makes it pretty obvious anyway (the people who click you anonymously almost always appears as the first/few first when you browse). Except for one exception so far. Which I did not regret, so far.
7. I wanted to elaborate further on what kind of guys I click YES on, but then that would be a whole new topic in itself, right? Hahaha. So yeah. That's bout it.
Labels: Just A Thought, Just for Fun
Friday, July 4, 2008
Happy Independence Day, my American Friends :)
That said, since I'm in the mood for questions, I'm just going to answer last week's Friday Feast :DAppetizer
What is the weather like today where you live?
It's hot but rather dry today instead the usual humidity, the sun was shining but it's cloudy at the moment.Soup
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how career-minded are you?
Err... 1?? Really, I don't think I think bout my career at all. My reason? We're all gonna die anyway, and it won't be worth it :)Salad
What type of window coverings do you have in your home? Blinds, curtains, shutters, etc.?
We have curtains, and blinds... the blinds are only used very occasionally.Main Course
Name something that instantly cheers you up.
I'm easily amused, so a lot of things do that... but I'll stick with the two things that popped in my head first: JOSH, and Teddy Bears :)Dessert
How many times do you hit the snooze button on a typical morning?
I don't have an alarm, but by my routine I think it would be about 2 times :P
Labels: Friday's Feast
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
To move or not to move...
Ah, it's been a long while, hasn't it? Been busy. Very, very busy. Not that it's an excuse. I've been lazy too, I guess.
Anyways today I thought of my blog. AND then of my domain. Then I thought about moving the blog to the domain. So I installed Wordpress (using Fantastico, of course!). And now... I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't move it after all. Keeping it at blogspot seems easier, plus it saves my webspace for other things. Not that I would have so many things there. Maybe it would just become wasted space if I don't move the blog there. But then...
Oh. Yes, I'm confused.
Labels: Just A Thought