Friday, January 25, 2008
Friday's Feast #177
AppetizerHow many times per day do you usually laugh?
I seriously never counted. Hahah. But I'm sure it's a whole lot of times, especially since writing this sentence alone already made me laugh twice :DSoupWhat do your sunglasses look like?
I can't remember cause I haven't used them for sooooo long. I think they have a blue frame and look like sunglasses. LOL.SaladYou win a free trip to anywhere on your continent, but you have to travel by train. Where do you go?
Yogya.Main CourseName one thing you consider a great quality about living in your town/city.
Hmm... you'll never feel cold? It's always so HOT here. And the sun shines almost everyday. Yeah.DessertIf the sky could be another color, what color do you think would look best?
I think it looks just fine being blue... but I have to say I love it when it has streaks of pink like it was yesterday afternoon... too bad I didn't have my camera at that time. It was sooo pretty! :)
Labels: Friday's Feast
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Thursday Thirteen - 15th edition
Thirteen Things that happened since my last post before yesterday...
1.I went to Yogya
, finally, after 2 cancellations. The 7th was a bright sunny day and the whole trip was sunny too. What's amazing, during the days planned earlier, there was heavy rain in Yogya. Had we gone there on those date, we wouldn't be able to go an visit the painters, and I wouldn't have...
2. Made a new circle of friends
, consisting of roughly 27 painters. LOL. They'll be exhibiting their works at the gallery. Perhaps you'd like a sneak preview
3. I was also sick
the week after, with a heavy flu. I had a fever. But after the fever was gone, I still had cold sweat. So, mom decided to...
4. take me to the doctor
. We also had a blood test, but it turns out I was perfectly healthy. Thus the doctor declared that...
5. I am stressed out
. LOL. It was probably true... I was dreading having to work each day. So anyways...
6. I'll be quitting my full time job
. But not until the exhibition. And really, I'm still a bit in between wanting desperately to go and thinking of all I would leave behind. But I'm quitting. I have to. It's just not making any sense to stick with something that I don't like to do, is it?
7. I met with my college friend
who also recently quit her job. LOL.
8. We ate at Death by Chocolate
, which lived up to its name making me almost sick again because of the amount of chocolate I had. But it was heavenly! Really.
9. I've been addicted to (fluff)Friends
... especially since that Turkle sold for 3000 Munny (see my rant below).
10. I didn't really want to do a TT post today because I would rather browse around (fluff)Friends :P
11. I really should get some work done, though... very bad of me. I need to finish the design of the invitation and catalog for the exhibition.
12. I also realized just how much I like doing layout/design. Thinking of taking courses on that and pursue my career in that field too once I finally quit.
13. That's on top of about a zillion other things I have in mind, which includes opening a small library, giving away some teddies to kids in need, and of course starting my Master's Degree :)
How have you been?Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants
Labels: Thursday Thirteen
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Do you like paintings?
Thought I'd shamelessly plug my gallery's upcoming exhibition, KABA RANG RANTAU
This exhibition will feature works by 27 painters all originally from West Sumatra (Minangkabau/Padang) but now living in Yogyakarta. The title translates roughly to news from the people on their journey away from home, that is the reason behind the air-mail like design.
Perhaps you want to buy some paintings? Check out the website
and let me know ;)
Labels: Random Ramblings
Monday, January 21, 2008
First of all... I know it's been a long while. For update on where/how I've been, however, please come back on Thursday cause I plan on posting a TT called '13 Things That Happened While I Was Gone' :P
But for now... I want to talk about the Facebook
app called (fluff)Friends
. I've loved this app since I first laid eyes on it thanks to the cute (C-U-T-E cute) graphics. Lately they've been adding more and more features that is just delightful. One of such feature is the Limited Item Shop where you can buy/sell rare items.
It just so happens that I have several limited edition items available. Including this so called mini TURKLE, which is basically a little Turkey, which looks like this:
The Turkle was available during Thanksgiving, obviously, and I only bought it in the spirit of Thanksgiving. Although it is cute, it's really not THAT cute. So I decided to sell my Turkle... for 3000 Munny considering that the lowest price was 3050 Munny (Munny, btw, is (fluff)Friends currency). As a comparison, the highest amount of Munny I had during my time playing (fluff)Friends is about 400.
To my surprise... the Turkle SOLD. Seriously. I wonder where people get that kind of Munny, but I wonder even more why they want to buy a TURKLE for that amount of Munny. But apparently the Turkle is very popular, so whatever.
Labels: Random Ramblings
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Lookie... it's a new layout!
Despite the fact that I loved the last layout, it obviously had to go because it is no longer Christmas. Even if we are supposed to keep the Christmas spirit all year long.
So here's a new layout, a Saturday well spent, I must say, as I LOVE this layout (as always). This time there's no more fancy confusing navigations. It's just a clean, simple layout. Hope you like it, cause it's staying for a long time... well, at least until February. I might (MIGHT) cook up a lovey dovey layout then in the spirit of Valentine. Hahah.
Labels: Graphic Design, Random Ramblings
Friday, January 4, 2008
Friday's Feast #174
AppetizerWhen was the last time you received a surprise in the mail, and what was it?
In the mail?? Hmm... A few months ago, my cousin sent a pack of mini sweaters/clothing items for my bears :)SoupIf you could have a summer and/or winter home, where would you want it to be?
I'd love a winter home... in Switzerland!SaladPick one: pineapple, orange, banana, apple, cherry.
Banana. Or can I have all of 'em together mixed as a fruit salad? ;PMain CourseDescribe the nicest piece of clothing that you own.
It's a blouse, blue, 3/4 sleeve with very soft material (although I'm not sure what material it is).DessertIf you could forget one whole day from your life, which day would you choose to wipe from your memory?
I already forgot a lot of days. LOL. So, none, I guess.
Labels: Friday's Feast
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Thursday Thirteen - 14th edition
As a tribute to my newly found passion for prayer... here's a TT on How Prayer Works For ME
(with special thanks to Judy
- This morning, I was supposed to fly to Yogya. Mom however was praying that if I should not go, it would rain. What d'ya know... it was a bright day, until we reached the airport gates. It poured. Yep. I canceled my flight.
- Still speaking of the Yogya trip, I had prayed that God will show me a sign whether or not I should go. Well, He apparently chose to talk through my mom.
- The story about my uncle... which you can read in this post and this post.
- For the last two days, I specifically requested to wake up at 7am, and 6am respectively. Yeps. It happened. To the dot. If you think that's coincidence... yesterday I had actually woken up by a dream at 6am. Yet I was so sleepy so I closed my eyes. The next moment I opened my eyes, it was 7am.
- There was this one time when I was waiting for the hot water to be ready, and I really really had to rush to church... so I prayed that it would be ready. The moment I opened my eyes, the indicator went off. It was ready.
- While I was thinking whether or not I should continue my job, I prayed that if God wanted me to continue, I would get a raise. Out of the blue, my boss told me I would get a raise (which I did) last December.
- A few months back, I prayed the prayer of Jabez for a week or so after I read the book. I had since forgotten about it, but looking back, God has indeed enlarged my territory. I am now doing the church's magazine for the Sunday School kids, as well as doing the layout and writing for the Sunday School devotional. For the record, we have about 600 registered kids at the Sunday School. Yup. Very large territory.
- Speaking of Sunday School, it has been way too many times that I prayed that when I teach, God would help me and let me know what to say. I always do. Sometimes, I say things I never planned to say, but it just flows together perfectly. Which is awesome.
- When I am about to send a potentially dangerous SMS, like saying something important or so that I'm not sure about... I always pray that if God wants me to say it, it will be send, otherwise fail. There were actually times it failed. And other times, when it is sent, I receive positive replies.
- Also this one time I was sending a large file over e-mail and half way... it FAILED. I was so annoyed, but I remembered to pray instead. I resent the e-mail and it was gone in no time.
- Ever tried finding a parking space on the weekends at the mall? Well, I've found that when I pray for it, AND we actually had something important to get, we will find space.
- Oh, then there was this one time when one employee at the music school was lying to us, and we were thinking about firing him, but couldn't find a good enough reason. And we really didn't have money to pay his release fee (I don't know what it's called) We prayed. The next morning, the employee sent a resignation letter.
- And of course, the story of prayer that never ceases to amaze me... the story of my birth... how mom prayed that if dad was her true love, I would be born on the 13th. And despite being due early December, I was born Nov 13th.
Do you have any 'prayer' stories?
Labels: Thursday Thirteen
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Everyday Kindness - Day One and Two
initiated the Everyday Kindness
project a while ago on a Thursday Thirteen post
The idea is to simply do ONE act of kindness for each day in 2008. That's really not much... but just imagine what a better world it would be if we all decide to do something like this. Now I'm thinking whether or not I should blog about the 'kindness I do. I mean, wouldn't blogging about it be a bit like bragging about it? But maybe not. This isn't about letting people know what I did. It's about commitment. Writing down something always helps the commitment, as I rediscovered in my journal (which I started on the 23rd of December).
So yeah... here goes...
For Day One: I played with my niece (who's five years old), and probably made her day cause I took her on a trip (from her house to mine) to go swimming. I loved how she was gleaming as we returned her home, carrying four balloons in her hand and smiling like a five year old should (she's normally quiet and really doesn't smile much!).
and Day Two: I prayed for some people on Pray About
Thinking of taking part in Claudia
's revolution? Join Everyday Kindness
Labels: Everyday Kindness
Wordless Wednesday - My New Hairstyle
I shook off the urge to slack off thanks to those of you who commented on my Friday's Feast last Friday (that would be Judy
, and Claudia
Here's a WW
post of my new 'do!
Sorry the pic isn't that good, I took it with my phone in a pretty dark condition... hopefully I'll get a nicer picture soon (I'm constantly on the look for a nice profile pic that shows my hair! LOL)
Oh, and some update on my uncle (read my prayer request a few post below): he has returned from the hospital, and doing much, much better. And what makes me happiest of all... they have started going to church and praying again! That goes for my uncle, his new wife, and his old wife. Also... their first daughter is doing better as she has changed her attitude towards the better. Please keep praying :)
Labels: Random Ramblings, Wordless Wednesday
Slacking off... again...
At least only in blogging. Hahaha.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, WORLD!
It's going to be a busy year as is evident from the two days I have lived... hopefully I will still find time to blog.
I'll be flying to Yogya tomorrow on a business trip. Should be fun, but I'm also scared. I mean, I will be traveling with a practical stranger, and meeting a whole bunch of people, which is really out of my comfort zone.
Been feeling a bit low today. Like losing my connection with God. Why? Wish I knew. I'm desperate to start my Master's degree. Could really use an 'excuse' to dwell in God's words, prayer, reading the Bible, and such.
I'm also looking for an accountability partner... someone to guide me through my way... I'm praying someone would read this post and make themselves available *hint, hint*
Or better yet, perhaps you are willing to sponsor me? Help me by sending me books? That would just be awesome. I'm praying.
Oh, speaking of prayer... please, if there are any prayer requests, send them to me. I want to pray for you. From deep down in my heart.
God bless everyone!
Labels: Christianity, Random Ramblings